A Classroom Plan
You will demonstrate your understanding of the material in this course by developing a classroom plan for either an infant/toddler childcare facility or for a preschool classroom, based on Piaget’s Stage Theory.
- Summarize Piaget’s Stage Theory in your own words.
- Identify and describe the developmental characteristics of the selected age group.
- Design and describe the physical layout of facility or classroom that aligns with Piaget’s Stage Theory. Use evidence from the text or other scholarly resources when describing your layout. (You may use a software application that provides graphic layouts like Classroom Architect, or create your layout in a word document.)
- Create one activity for each developmental domain. Make sure to include a detailed description with a step-by-step procedure that includes required materials (i.e. clay, puzzles, etc.). Discuss how each of these activities maximizes development and align to Piaget’s Stage Theory.
Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, in addition to the title and reference pages. Your project should be written in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center, and include at least three scholarly resources in addition to the course text.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must include a separate reference page with at least three scholarly resources in addition to the textbook, formatted according to APA style