- Chapter 9 – Information Governance and Records and Information Management Functions
- Chapter Nine (9): Information Governance (IG) and Records and Information Management Functions. From the Chapter, we have learned from that Records Management (RM) is a key impact area of IG – so much that in the RM space, IG is often thought of as synonymous with or a single superset of RM. From that perspective, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) defined business records as “information created, received, and maintained as evidence and information by an organization or person, in pursuance of legal obligations or in the transaction in the form of records.”
- Q1: To further enhance our knowledge and understanding of RM, ISO provided a more refined definition of RM to a granular level as “[the] field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of what…? Identify and complete the missing phrase to directly complete the granular definition? Expand your knowledge and discussion in the same realm.
- Chapter 10 – Information Governance and Information Technology Functions
- Chapter 10: From this chapter, in addition, the previous ones, we continue to enhance our knowledge and understanding about IG best business practices, and how good data governance can ensure that downstream negative effects of poor data can be avoided and subsequent reports, analyses, and conclusions based on reliable, and trusted data could be achieved. From the risk management perspective, data governance is a critical activity that supports decision makers and can mean the difference between retaining a customer and losing one. On the same token, protecting your business data is protecting the lifeblood of your business, and improving the quality of the data will improve decision making, foster compliance efforts, and yield competitive advantages; thence business profits would be earned. To provide meaningful support to business owners, the Data Governance Institute has created a data governance framework, a visual model to help guide planning efforts and a logical structure for classifying, organizing, and communicating complex activities involved in making decisions about and taking action on enterprise data.
- Q2: With this framework in mind that allows for a conceptual look at data governance processes, rules, and people requirements identify and name and discuss the 10 levels of the DGI Data Governance framework from the Data Governance Institute? How can you relate that to your work environment or any similar experience?
thenursingdesk.com is a custom nursing paper writing service that provides online on-demand written work for assistance purposes. All the work are done in accordance with the appropriate policies and applicable laws.
Whatsapp: +1(916) 407-2506
Phone: +1(916) 407-2506