- Read: Article: AARC Standards for Multicultural Research
- Case Study: A 60 year old, caucacian woman teaches in an American University Counseling program. She has proposed a research project which will evaluate the impact of a group trauma intervention on oral tribes in oppressed areas of a third world country. The population she is researching are very poor, have experienced personal and community-wide trauma, and live in refugee camps with little hope of ever finding a home. They do not speak English and have limited education.
- Using the AARC article and the Case Study, answer the following Questions:
- According to the article, what are at least one thing the researcher in the Case Study should strive to do in each of the following areas: the research design, data collection methods, and analysis of results?
- What are 3 specific things she should be sure NOT to do?
- What makes this article a credible source for informing this research project?