Choose one of the following as a basis for your paper:
- Ethnic or racial identity. Select a specific group such as black/African-American, Latinx, Asian or Asian-American, white/European American, Native American, or multiracial.
- Gender identity (female, male, or transgender identified).
- Sexual orientation. You may choose a specific group like gay men, lesbians, bisexuals, or heterosexuals, or provide an overview of sexual identity development models.
- Religious or spiritual orientation.
- People with disabilities.
- A combination of identity development models, such as sexual identity development of ethnic minority males.
Prepare a 4–5 page paper (plus title and reference pages) in which you complete the following:
- Describe the identity theory or model that pertains to members of your chosen social identity (2–3 paragraphs).
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of the theory or model (2–3 paragraphs).
- Summarize your research findings for the theory or model. Include research questions, results, methodology, and implications of any studies reviewed (approximately 2 pages).
- Summarize the research gaps (future research needed) (1–2 paragraphs).
- Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines throughout your paper. You are encouraged to use the supplied APA paper template.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced.
- Include references from 4–5 current peer-reviewed articles from the professional literature. Remember that websites, textbooks, and popular sources such as Psychology Today are not peer reviewed.