DIRECTIONS: Each student will be asked to read and analyze the business case “Zara: IT for Fast Fashion” (available at the Harvard Business School Press website). Students will be asked to identify and describe several aspects about the case:
- An overview of the current business state
- A recommended target business state
- A recommended IT strategy for arriving at the target business state
Case analysis guide：10 pages (the paper must include the following aspects)
- How would you advise leadership to proceed on the issue of an upgrade?
- Would you recommend an upgrade to the current operating system?
- Would you recommend in store networks?
- Would you recommend giving employees the ability to look up inventory balances?
- What is Zara’s business model and how does it differ from other fashion retailers? What are its strengths and weaknesses and can it be scaled for growth?
- What information does Zara need to operate under its current business model?
- What are the most important components to how Zara approaches information technology? Are
these appropriate to doing business?
- What are current or potential weaknesses in Zara’s IT infrastructure and strategy?