Rubric is attached
Case Study E Disorders of Nutritional Status
Mr. Olsen presents to the clinic today reporting joint pain and “just feeling run down.” He reports a lack of energy and just wants to sit and do nothing. Significant findings from the initial assessment include a blood pressure of 184/92, height of 5 feet 5 inches, and a weight of 284 pounds.
1. Weight that is higher than what is considered as a healthy weight for a given height is described as overweight or obese. Body mass index(BMI) is used as a screening tool for overweight or obese patients. What is Mr. Olsen’s BMI? How was this calculated?
2. Obesity is frequently subdivided into categories. List and discuss the classes.
3. Obesity is a complex health issue resulting from a combination of causes and individual factors such as behavior and genetics. Discuss the individual risk factors associated with obesity.
4. Obesity is a medical problem that increases your risk of other diseases and health problems. What other health issues is Mr. Olsen at risk for developing?
5. What are some treatment options?
6. What would you teach Mr. Olsen?
Each case study requires two peer-reviewed, scholarly articles written within the past five years. The references put be in the text and on the reference list. Each of the six questions must have a minimum of three sentences (at least five for the maximum points) and a supporting source. APA format will be graded. Must post the submission in the reply box as attachments will not be accepted and will result in an automatic zero. The answers must be in paragraph format, not bulleted or numbered (p. 24 of the syllabus).