Visit the website of either the https://www.house.gov Select on Congressperson and write a short essay that answers at least the following questions. Your essay should be a minimum of one page.
- What is your Congressperson’s name and who does he/she represent i.e. state and or district?
- How long has this person been in Congress?
- What is this person’s profession background and education?
- What committees does he/she serve on?
- Does the Congressional member serve in any leadership capacity (Committee Chair, party leadership)?
- What is his/her basic philosophy or political ideology?
- What other interesting or relevant information on this person can you find from the web site?
- Identify what Congress does.
- Summarize the problems that face Congress—and some possible solutions.
Review the rubric (Links to an external site.) for information on how this assignment will be scored.
Tips for success:
- To submit an assignment, click the Submit Assignment button to submit your work. Make sure to type directly into the text box- no attachments.
- Review the assignment grading rubric (Links to an external site.) to ensure full credit.
- While time for completion will vary from person to person, please allot approximately 45 minutes to complete.
- I recommend composing your content offline in a text editor and then copy and paste the text into your reply post. If something happens you will have an offline copy of all of your hard work!
- I highly recommend using Google Docs (Drive) to compose offline, as Google plays well with web-based forums. If you are using Microsoft Word to compose offline, you may need to do some editing to the format when you paste it into the reply.
- Proper APA extended citations must be provided. To assist with proper APA format, visit: OWL Purdue APA (Links to an external site.).
- No late work is accepted.
- If you have challenges submitting the homework, ple