Read the “Case Study Analysis.”
Select one of the following theories that you feel best applies to treating the client in the case study:
- Cognitive Behavioral
Write a 750-1,000-word analysis of the case study using the theory you chose. Include the following in your analysis.
- What concepts of the theory make it the most appropriate for the client in the case study?
- Why did you choose this theory over the others?
- What will be the goals of counseling and what intervention strategies are used to accomplish those goals?
- Is the theory designed for short- or long-term counseling?
- What will be the counselor’s role with this client?
- What is the client’s role in counseling?
- For what population(s) is this theory most appropriate? How does this theory address the social and cultural needs of the client?
- What additional information might be helpful to know about this case?
- What may be a risk in using this approach?
include at least three scholarly references in your paper., and
Murdock, N. (2013). Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy. New York: Pearson.