Appearing in the seminal paper by Diffie and Hellman, the first published public-key algorithm that defined public-key cryptography [DIFF76] is referred to as the Diffie-Hellman key exchange (Stallings & Brown, 2008, p. 641).
- Define the Diffie-Hellman key exchange? How is this information relevant to you?
- What is the purpose of the algorithm? Be specific.
- How does it work? Give an example from personal experience or one that you have read about.
- What would be an appropriate implementation in an organization for the algorithm?
- In what types of organizations would this be appropriate?
In your own words, post a substantive response to the Discussion Board question(s) and comment on other postings. Your response should address the DB question(s) and move the conversation forward. You will be graded on the quality of your postings, including mastery of the concept as well as critical thinking. If asked for your opinion, do not simply state that it is a good or bad idea; elaborate on your reasons and argument. Include enough detail to substantiate your thinking as well as your position on the questions or comments.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Stallings, W., & Brown, L. (2008). Computer security: Principles and practice (1st ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.