Discussion: Events of the Middle East
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam share many similarities that are both historical and geographical. Yet, despite their historical similarities, these religions have also had historical conflict. Clashes over the Gaza strip and Islamic extremism have placed special emphasis on these religions and the interactions between cultures that practice them. In this Discussion, you are challenged to consider how your current knowledge of the core tenets and practices of each religion can smooth cultural misunderstandings and put current events in a more objective, less reactionary context.
Questions about this Assignment? Post them in the Contact the Instructor area. That way, everyone in the class will see, and benefit from, the Instructor’s response.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Read this week’s required course text pages.
- Consider how the media portrays the current events happening in the Middle East from a religious perspective.
- Reflect on how your knowledge of the similarities between the religions of Abraham helps you to better understand the Middle East conflict.
By Day 3
Compose a 2- to 3-paragraph Discussion post in which you do the following:
- Explain one particular current event or issue in the Middle East in which the religion(s) of the area affect other people’s perceptions of that religion in a negative way.
- Contrast your perceptions of this issue and the religions involved before this course with your perceptions now that you know more about the religion(s) involved. Has anything changed? Why or why not?
- Conclude with what you can do with your knowledge of these religions to put Middle Eastern events into a more objective perspective for yourself and for others.
why institutions are reluctant to move their IT to the cloud. Consider specific industries like education, medicine, military, etc.
300 Words: Use at least three sources. Include at least 3 quotes from your sources enclosed in quotation marks and cited in-line by reference to your reference list. Cite your sources. Do not copy. Write in essay format not in bulleted, numbered or other list format.
No plagiarism / need references and should be clickable