The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is the regulatory agency that oversees product safety. If you’ve ever received a product recall notice for a non-food product, it is likely that the CPSC was involved.
For your initial post, do the following:
- Go to the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website at cpsc.gov and take a moment to browse the main page.
- Select one of the product recalls and read the description.
- Answer the following questions:
- What is the product and why was it recalled?
- Who is the target consumer for the product?
- What potential risk would the company have faced had it not recalled the product?
- What potential risk do consumers face if they do not adhere to the product recall?