- Introduction—One paragraph to restate the discussion questions and introduce your response. You may want to draft this last so you have the final version of your main points and the core of your response.
- Body—2–5 paragraphs that state the main points of your response and provide details, evidence, and logical support for your ideas. A key element is distinguishing between when you are saying something and when you are using another author’s content through quotes, paraphrases, and, always, correct APA citations and references.
- Conclusion—One paragraph to summarize your answer and include recommendations for your own further study.
- What do you see as the ethical issue or issues involved in the case study you reviewed? Cite the relevant elements from the APA’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct or the BACB’s Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts [PDF] to support your analysis.
- What steps would you take to attempt to resolve the issue?
- How does this issue, as well as the other ethical standards, relate to your future career in psychology?
- What interested you about this issue?
Adam’s brother is interested in becoming a BCBA. He has completed his coursework but is having a hard time finding a supervisor. What are the ethical implications if Adam supervises his brother for fieldwork hours?