Write an essay that answers the following question: Do you consider Venezuela under Hugo Chavez (1998-2012) a democratic country?
You have to provide a justification for your answer. You must include information provided in the assigned readings on Venezuela, plus whatever additional sources you may want.
Length: One title page (include full name and paper title) plus four pages of text (not more than 4 1⁄2 pages of text), and a bibliography page.
Format: Double space with regular fonts (e.g. Times New Roman 11 or 12), and regular margins (e.g. 1’). Include page numbers.
Organization: Make sure to include one introductory paragraph. Use separate paragraphs for separate ideas. Pay attention to spelling and sentence structure. Try to avoid quoting – use your own words and cite appropriately when referring to information from a particular source.
MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
1ST PARAGRAPH: INTRO (ARGUMENT) *STATE THESIS
2ND PARAGRAH: ADRESS ALL TYPES OF DEMOCRACY, THEN DEFINE DEMOCRACY.. THEN SET THE ONE YOU LIKE AND SAY WHY ITS THAT ONE.. IF YOU CONSIDER VENEZUELA DEMOCRACY UNDER CHAVEZ OR NOT.
3RD – 4TH PARAGRAPH: STATE WHY THE GOVERNMENT WAS SUCH WAY AND HOW IT STILL THAT TYPE OF GOVERNMENT AND WHY IT IS STILL THAT WAY. IS YOUR DEFINITION OF DEMOCRACY MET?
5TH PARAGRAPH: CONCLUSION
– ORGANIZATION: WAS IT WORTHWHILE?
– MAKE SURE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION THROUGHOUT ESSAY
– DONT FORGET TO STATE THESIS IN FIRST PARAGRAPH
– MAKE SURE TO ADD SOMETHING ABOUT ELECTIONS ( MAKING DEMOCRATIC OR NOT)
– WHETHER YOU CONSIDER DEMOCRATIC, NOT DEMOCRATIC, SEMI-DEMOCRATIC, DICTATORSHIP.. PLEASE SHOW PROOF AND STATE WHY
* 5 page essay( 12 font and double spaced)
This does not include the cover page and the references pages which don’t
count as part of the 5 pages