Use the Walden Library to identify an early childhood dissertation, written within the last 5 years, that focuses on positive and caring learning environments. The dissertation you read should include in its literature review (Chapter 2) a discussion of how cultural and family influences play a part in establishing supportive learning environments through positive cultures and classroom communities.
- You may need to read/skim a number of dissertations before you find the one you choose to use as the basis for this Assignment.
- Additional information needed to complete this Assignment should be available in Chapters 1 and 5 of the dissertation you choose.
By Day 7 of Week 2
After reading the dissertation, and in particular Chapters 1, 2, and 5, create a post for your blog summarizing the following:
- The title of the dissertation
- The early childhood problem researched in the dissertation along with a brief explanation of the study—study purpose, population/participants, methodology, data sources, and conclusions
- 3 resources used by the author, and why each was relevant to the study
- How the information gleaned from this dissertation may further your work related to fostering supportive learning environments through positive classroom cultures and classroom communities
References to use: