Week 3 Discussion Board:
Research on the “economy” in the news this week for a news article that covers the topic of Chapter 6 – “Firms, the Stock Market, and Corporate Governance”. Write a review of an economic news article and share its link. Explain how it applies to Chapter 6 – “Firms, the Stock Market, and Corporate Governance”. Be sure to include a reference in APA format!
Week 4 Discussion Board:
Select one of the questions and answer. Be sure
to include a reference in APA format!
- How is the unemployment rate calculated?
- Which groups tend to have above-average unemployment rates?
- Which groups tend to have below-average unemployment rates?
- How does the above question apply to the current unemployment situation in the U.S.?
- How does inflation impact the economy?
Week 5 Discussion Board:
Share one point in Chapter 11 that you thought was important. Then find an article that backs up the idea. Include the link to the article.
-This is the point I chose out of chapter 11:
In chapter 11 it says, How can a country’s workers become more productive? Economists believe two key factors determine labor productivity:
- The quantity of capital available to workers
- The level of technology
Now research an article that backs it up. Be sure to include a reference in APA format!
Week 6 Discussion Board:
Select one of the questions below and then answer. Be sure to include a reference in APA format!
- What is the main reason for changes in GDP in the short run?
- When Congress established the Federal Reserve in 1913, what was its main responsibility?
- When did Congress broaden the Fed’s responsibilities?
- What are the Fed’s four monetary policy goals?
- Who does the Federal Reserve measure inflation?
- Can the Fed eliminate recessions?
- What is “quantitative Easing?
- Why is the Fed targeting both the money supply and interest rate?
- What is financial leverage?
- What is a monetary policy target?
- Why does the Fed use policy targets?
- What is the federal funds rate?
- What role doe it play in monetary policy?