Write 500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples from videos to reinforce your ideas.
Choose one of the following TED talks to review and discuss below:
- Rachel Hutchisson: The Era of Corporate Social Responsibility is Ending
- Sahil Sethi: Can .7% of corporate profits fund the world’s biggest problems?
Using the video you watched, answer the following questions:
- Does a business within a community have a responsibility to contribute to the overall health of that community? Why or why not?
- What responsibility do businesses and employers have to address larger issues in society (hunger, environmental issues, social injustice, etc.)?
- Can an investment in a particular community or society be beneficial to a business or corporation? Why or why not?