Essay NOTE: PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENTS, TO MAKE THE QUESTION EASIER I HAVE INCLUDED MATERIAL. PLEASE DO NOT COPY BUT USE THE PROVIDED TEMPLATE FOR THE ANSWERS. THANK YOU!
Using one of the following referral case studies, develop and outline a comprehensive Functional Behavioral Assessment Report. The specific objective of your Functional Behavioral Assessment Report is to demonstrate synthesis of the course material related to FBA’s as they have been presented in the course.
Scenario #3. Johnny is a six-year-old child with autism. His communication skills are significantly deficient and he demonstrates a wide variety of problem behaviors. Most concerning is the tendency for him to demonstrate self-injurious behavior that has recently increased in frequency and intensity. An ER visit was necessitated by a recent incident of this behavior. Some of Johnny’s more intense characteristics related to autism spectrum disorders include repetitive and ritualistic behavior patterns and an apparent need to collect and acquire a variety of specific tangible items such as Hot Wheels cars and Legos. Johnny is generally only “well behaved” when access to these items is free and frequent.
- Utilize the template as a model for your report.
- At a minimum, your FBA Report must include discussion of the required components as reviewed at the beginning of chapter 12.
- For each of those components, you should include specific details as they would be related to the referral scenario you are addressing. Details would include descriptions of the assessment tools, forms, and procedures that would have been implemented.
- It is not necessary to report actual scores or responses of completed assessment forms and tools, but there should be in inclusion of some detailed information that could have been gained by utilizing such tools and procedures within the context of the case scenario you are working on. DO NOT simply list items.
- It is not necessary, nor appropriate, to include ALL of the assessment tools, forms, and procedures reviewed in the course. Be judicious in your choices and make good clinical decisions on what assessment procedures you are including.
- Develop hypotheses related to the function of the target behavior based on fictional specifics of the tools and procedures you have described in your report.
- It is expected that you will need to demonstrate “creativity” and/or “dramatic license” when outlining the steps of the Functional Behavioral Assessment you are reporting on.
- Assignment should be a minimum of 5-7 pages not including the title and reference pages.
- Use APA Format.
- Utilize the readings and other course material from the course.
- If you feel you must find outside resources for assistance, please utilize academically legitimate resources. (DO NOT use websites and Wiki’s that are not peer-reviewed)
- DO NOT focus on the use of diagnoses or labels.
- Be specific and detailed; do not just list items and facts