The assignment carries a possible 60% of the overall module weighting (available marks).
The essay has a maximum word count of 2000 words (excluding the end reference list but including everything else) with the following title:
Analyse the roles and responsibilities of managers in healthcare contexts.
If you submitted an essay plan and received formative feedback this will provide you with an excellent framework for writing your essay.
The following are examples of what you should consider in your essay:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of healthcare managers in terms of skills and applications within healthcare organisations. You may also like to include a definition of an organisation. Remember that responsibilities are to stakeholders and the organisation aims and objectives so these will need to be analysed and discussed.
- Discuss management skills and the challenges and barriers to implementing strategies and carrying out the role day to day.
- Describe management systems, strategies and processes for complying with organisational policy, legislation and other regulatory and non- regulatory requirements within healthcare contexts.
Remember the essay format from the essay plan activity; use clear headings to signpost each section and ensure work is evidence-based throughout with correctly formatted citations and end references.
You will draw on all unit concepts for this final essay and include a connection to management theory, principles and strategies.
Use Harvard Referencing.
Departmental guidelines on preparation and submission of coursework
- Assignments should be submitted in either MS Word or Open Office format unless stated otherwise on the assignment submission page
- Use standard margins: 1″ (2.5cm) on all sides.
- Use standard Arial 12-point font size.
- Use double-line spacing
- Pages should be numbered consecutively
- Your work should be correctly referenced using the Harvard Referencing style.
Please note, a word count penalty applies to this assessment.
If your assessment exceeds the word count limit or range by more than 10% then your awarded grade will be reduced by 10% grade points. For more information please see the word count penalties information.
Not meeting the word count
There is no grade reduction applied if your assignment does not meet the word count range or limit, but to maximise your opportunity to achieve the highest grade possible, you should aim to meet the word count or range as closely as possible.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the variety of healthcare organisations
- Discuss the role of management in healthcare and explore the challenges and barrier to effective management
- Identify major stakeholders in healthcare management
Baljoon, R.A., Banjar, H.E. and Banakhar, M.A., 2018. Nurses’ work motivation and the factors affecting it: a scoping review. International Journal of Nursing & Clinical Practices, 2018.
Rossow, C.C., 2017. Health Organizations. Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Khim, K., 2016. Are health workers motivated by income? Job motivation of Cambodian primary health workers implementing performance-based financing. Global health action, 9(1), p.31068.
Librarian, I, 2016, Why is Motivation Important in Health Care? Retrieved June 28, 2019, from https://www.hrhresourcecenter.org/HRH_Info_Motivation.html