Water is a metaphor for life; it is also a crucial ingredient to the emergence of civilization.Then, pick one of the following civilizations: Egypt, Mesopotamia, Achaemenid Empire, Roman Empire, Mayan Empire, Han Empire, or Hohokam Civilization.
Write an initial post of at least 300 words that addresses these issues:
- How did this society attempt to secure a fresh water source?
- How did the nature of the water supply itself condition the strategy this society chose?
- What resources, labor, and materials were required to build and maintain the tools or techniques required by the strategy?
- What side effects or potential problems arose as this society developed, established, expanded, or maintained this water supply strategy?
- Why do you think this water management strategy was effective or ultimately ineffective?