Please watch the video below on organizational communication by Professor Koschmann of UC-Boulder. Pay particular attention to the segment when the Professor moves beyond this conventional view of organizational communication.
After this please read chapters 1 & 2 that are attached.
Please respond to all the questions, one question at a time. Please no plagiarism and make sure all sources are cited properly.
- What does Professor Koschmann mean by the “flat earth” approach?
- Why do you believe this approach inadequate?
Think about a recent communication you have experienced with a manger or co-worker in your organization.
- Thoroughly describe the experience using the Components of Communication found on pages 10 and 11 of your text.
- What meaning was negotiated during your interaction?
The questions in this activity relate to Chapter 2 in your textbook.
- First, develop and share your thoughts about the definition of language. What is language?
- What are some of the ways language can be an obstacle to communication?
- Select one of your obstacles and share your personal example/experience.
- What strategies could have been employed to address any of the obstacles you identified?