Investigate the importance of effective change leadership in relation to an organization’s adoption of social media initiatives. Next, suggest two (2) ethical issues that a CIO may encounter when implementing social media initiatives. Propose (1) strategy for addressing each identified issue. Provide a rationale for your response.
· Select three (3) of the twelve (12) core competencies for IT professionals from Chapter 14 of the Roberts text. Rank each one (1) according to its importance for IT professionals to possess in order to develop their careers and compete in the job market. Justify your ranking.
· Examine the primary reasons why project management causes a cultural change and the impact of that change on integrative information technology. Support your response with at least one (1) example of a cultural change that project management can cause.
· The literature affirms that project sponsorship is a major component for the successful completion of projects. Select an organization where you would aspire to serve as a CIO. Explore the role of a project sponsor, and highlight the significant reasons why such a position is pivotal to your organization’s success. Provide a rationale for your response.
· As a newly minted CIO, you have been hired to join a company without a history of project best practices. Suggest strategy and process for your Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to develop standards for your organization that is without any such organizational project history. Justify the main reasons why your suggestion would be effective.
· Reflect upon Kerzner’s “Sources of Smaller Migraines” from Chapter 2. Select three (3) issues from the list. Then, specify the reasons why these issues are more critical to control than the others. Justify your response.