Post Your Introduction [WLO: 1] [CLO: 2]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- First, complete the “K” and the “W” part of the KWL Chart by briefly writing down the following in each section:
- “K” – provide what you think you know about assessments
- “W” – provide questions of what you want to learn about assessments in this course.
- Be sure to save this document as you will upload it when you write your introduction, and you will come back to it for a discussion in Week 6.
- Review the following blog: Why is Assessment Important? (Links to an external site.)
- Read Chapter 1.1: The Purpose of Educational Assessment in your text.
Consider the following:
- What do you think are the purposes for assessments?
- What are your personal experiences with being assessed?
- Think about how assessments made you feel.
Write (Post an initial response by Day 1.)
You will create a multimedia introduction based on the requirements below by creating a video:
- First, create a presentation (Links to an external site.) using tools such as PowerPoint or Prezi (Links to an external site.).
- Second, present the PowerPoint or Prezi presentation using Screencast-o-matic (Links to an external site.) to record your voice. If you also feel comfortable, feel free to use the webcam feature as well. Please review the Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start Guide (Links to an external site.) instructions in order to get started. This guide will familiarize you with the tool and review how to upload your video to the classroom.
- Then embed your video or link into your discussion.
Requirements for Presentation:
- Personal and Professional (one to two slides)
- A photo of you or something that represents you.
- Share three to five personal facts about you (e.g., where you live, family, interests or hobbies, etc.)
- Briefly discuss your professional background as well as what motivated you to pursue an advanced degree.
- Complete the following sentence: “In teaching this course, I hope my instructor does __________.”
- Why Are Assessments Important? (3 slides: one for each question)
- In your opinion, why do you think assessments are important? Give specific examples to support your thoughts.
- Select one idea that you obtained from the blog or Chapter 1.1 by copying and pasting a direct quote (be sure to properly cite), and describe what you found interesting about the quote or how it might have caused you to think differently about the purposes of assessments.
- Write down one of the questions from the “W” section of your KWL chart. Please be sure to attach your KWL chart.