Locate a recent article (published within the last year) that discusses either the price ceiling or price floor, and market shortages and surpluses of a good or service from your selected country at a macro level. You can use the Hunt Library, newspapers, new stations, or other credible sources to locate an article. Analyze your selected country’s good or service and determine whether it has a market shortage or surplus. Include the following in your discussion.
- Identify the country and the good or service selected.
- Analyze supply and demand curves.
- Examine the concepts of price ceilings and price floors.
- Explain the causes and predict the effect of changes in demand and supply on the equilibrium price and quantity.
- Differentiate between consumer surplus and producer surplus.
- Discuss whether your selected good or service results in a market surplus or market shortage and explain why.
Summarize your findings using at least 250 words and provide a minimum of one reference. Use current APA formatting to document your sources.