I use turnitin to check work. Please use original content.
Prepare: Read the articles “Philosophy as Translation: Democracy and Education from Dewey to Cavell” and “Philosophy as Education and Education as Philosophy: Democracy and Education from Dewey to Cavell”by Saitofrom the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library.
Reflect: As you take notes on the two articles, think about the importance of understanding the philosophy behind taking general education courses and how your courses have taught you academic integrity, global citizenship, and cultural sensitivity.
Write: For this discussion, respond to the following prompts:
- Describe the implications Stanley Cavell’s ordinary language philosophy has on democracy and education. Provide an example of ordinary language philosophy.
- Examine the ideas of mutual reflection and mutual understanding as it relates to cultural differences.
- Share a learning experience of an ethical or moral lesson based on John Dewey’s quote: “democracy must begin at home.” Explain how that experience has influenced your level of integrity while receiving your education.
- Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references.
- Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.