- For this post, you will analyze the major themes of Health and Well-Being, Family and Parenting, Education, Culture and Gender as factors influencing the domain of physical development, specifically safety.
- Think about and comment on how child and adolescent safety regulations have changed over the past few decades.
- Provide examples of new safety guidelines that did not exist either when you were growing up, or when your parents were growing up.
- Then, look through the recommended resources for Week 3 and/or other scholarly articles from the Ashford University Library website and find and report on 3 statistics specifically related to child and adolescent safety from this current decade (2010-present) within each of the 3 stages of infancy/toddlerhood, childhood, and adolescence. In other words, you will have 1 unique statistic for each of the 3 stages.
- Throughout your post, demonstrate a foundational knowledge of the children’s developmental continuum, from conception, by addressing unique safety standards. See the example below:
One statistic found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website states that, “Child safety seats reduce the risk of death in passenger cars by 71% for infants, and by 54% for toddlers ages 1 to 4 years.” (Centersfor Disease Control and Prevention, 2013).