Social Issue Presentations Requirements:
There is a PowerPoint under module 7 that will be VERY helpful for you all to reference to learn about the details. However, I will list them for you here:
- You need to be following Monroe’s Motivated Sequence (reference the PowerPoint in module 7 as it perfectly spells this out for you).
- This presentation needs to be 7-9 MINUTES.
- Must have SIX SOURCES!
- You will need to do outside research. You can do this through edu, and use the database to begin your search.
- FOUR of your SIX sources must have been published in the last four years.
- FOUR of your SIX sources must be published, scholarly research from the databases.
- TWO of your SIX sources may be from other sources that are not from scholarly sources (such as the NY Times).
- All SIX of your citations should be cited in your presentation.
For 30 points, you will submit a typed outline.
- It will have full sentences of your claims followed by references in APA style.
- Example: According to Ono and Sloop (2019) “_________.”
- This is how you will incorporate citations into your speech as well as your outline.
- You will need a reference page in APA style (at the end of your outline).
- All in all, this is a very detailed outline of your speech, and your speech should be very well-rehearsed, crafted, and polished.