Answer each question in 1-4 complete sentences. Use your own words
Place, participation and citizenship
1. How is citizenship determined? What types of rights are typically awarded on the basis of citizenship?
2. What types of responsibilities are expected of citizens?
3. Briefly describe ‘new localism’ and provide two factors that can affect the success of local initiatives.
Weissbrodt and Collins (2006). The human rights of stateless persons.
1. Why is the right to citizenship widely considered to be a human right?
2. Define and compare de jure and de facto statelessness.
3. Briefly explain the three ‘remedies’ to statelessness and one challenge for the implementation of each.