The topic of this policy paper is Calworks Family Benefit program.
- The paper should be use in APA format and must be 10 pages (not counting title, abstract, or reference pages). To support the policy paper, you should use at least 15 scholarly articles. None of your references should be older than 10 years with the majority being published within the past 5 years.
- In order to help you get an idea on how to write the policy paper, you can review the article of Global Climate Change and Children’s Health.
To complete this assignment, please do the following steps:
Introduction to Paper
(Be sure to to include an abstract)
- Begin with an introductory paragraph that lays out the format and direction of the entire paper
- Statement of topic studied
- Define any key concepts
- Briefly discuss the importance of the topic within the context of child development
Current State of Affairs
- Review the present state of affairs on your topic—include any key statistics (be sure to use as current as possible sources for this; also be sure they are highly credible sources).
- Review any current policies and/or laws that are related to your topic
Deficiencies in Current Policy
- Discuss the problems with the current situation
- Review related research (look at actual research reports rather than literature reviews of research) and theory in child development that supports your view of the shortcomings of the current policy (you must you scholarly/peer reviewed journals for this）
Statement of Policy Suggestions
- Present and discuss your ideas on how we should address the problem–You can list them in a numerical format for clarity if you like
- Be sure to show a specific connection between your policy suggestions and the research and theory that you have reviewed. The research and theory should provide the evidence that your ideas will be more likely to produce positive outcomes than have the current policies