Week 3 Project
In a Microsoft Word document of 2-3 pages formatted in APA style, you will describe the final proposal for your capstone project using the format below. Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
The introduction establishes the scope, context, and significance of the research being conducted by summarizing current understanding and background information (literature) about the topic, stating the purpose of the work in the form of the research problem and research question(s), explaining briefly the methodological approach used to examine the research problem, and highlights the potential outcomes your study may reveal.
A problem statement is the description of a currently existing issue which needs to be addressed with evidence-based interventions. The statement of the problem is the focal point of the research. Be sure to back up the noted issue/problem with evidence. Must include citations of evidence.
To help you formulate your research question or questions the following website may be useful: https://researchrundowns.com/intro/writing-research-questions/
One or two research questions for your capstone project are suggested. Based on the constraint of project length of 10 weeks you may not have time to address a multitude of questions. One research question may be sufficient for your project and will make your life a lot easier.
The methodology section of a research paper answers two main questions: How were the data collected or generated? You must include when and how you will collect the pre-intervention data, what the intervention(s) is and when/how the intervention(s) will be implemented then how and when you will perform your post-intervention data measurement. Lastly, how the data will be analyzed. A friendly reminder that unless your project has gone through the IRB process you will not be allowed to collect data on more than 3 people. For data collection, you will choose 3 people from your aggregate.
Develop a timetable considering the following questions:
- When will your research start and finish?
- Are there particular stages to the research – e.g. piloting, then main research? Screening interviews, then a main study? If there are stages, what are they?
- What objectives have you set for this investigation? Are they addressed in the timeline?
- Is the timetable realistic?
- Is it influenced by external constraints or deadlines?
- How will you provide regular updates and progress reports and to whom will you provide them? How will you demonstrate progress?
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format.
- Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
- This handout will provide you the details of formatting your essay using APA style.
- You may create your essay in this APA-formatted template.