For this discussion:
- Identify two stereotypes, each related to a different cultural group within Hays’s ADDRESSING Model. For example, you may identify a gender-based stereotype and a stereotype based on a different culture.
- Compare and contrast the stereotypes and their effects on the subjects of the stereotypes.
Next, describe a design for a research study related to your specialization that investigates stereotypes. You may investigate anything related to stereotypes, such as the emotional impact of stereotyping on Asian Americans.
- Explain, briefly, what your research study plans to investigate and why it is important.
- What ethical standards apply to your research?
- How will you recruit participants?
- What types of research biases will you want to avoid in your study?
Your initial discussion post should be at least 200 words.
Carter, L. D. (2015). Reflecting humanity: Biological, psychological, and sociological perspectives (2nd ed.). Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.