Assignment 2: Presentation: Your Review of a Professional Journal Article
Due in Week 10 and worth 230 points
Using Assignment 1, create a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation in which you:
- Present the findings using presentation software of your choice.
- Include a title slide and references section (references section must be in APA format). Note: These two (2) slides are not part of the ten (10) slide requirement.
- Develop a creative and appealing presentation for a professional audience, using two to three (2-3) colors, two to three (2-3) fonts, and two to three (2-3) other visuals.
- Provide coherent, clear, organized, and substantive content that can be easily understood by the audience.
- Provide detailed speaker notes for each slide. Note: The speaker notes should be formally written. In other words, correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation are expected.
- Summarize three (3) critical main points of the Assignment 1 topic paper. Note: Elaborate on the main points in additional slides as necessary. Use in-text citations in APA format to support your points.
- Conclude your presentation with both a summary of the facts and your opinion of where future beneficial research on your chosen topic will lead.
Note: A sample student-produced example is located in the Student Center of the course shell under Additional Resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- References and in-text citations must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover slide and the reference slide are not included in the required assignment presentation length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify key concepts that provide a foundation for the study of adjustment.
- Summarize the major psychological perspectives.
- Compare and contrast the different types of communication.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about psychology using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.