Select a significant tragic event (either domestic or global) that has
occurred during the last 50 years. The interactive PowerPoint in this
unit provides some ideas of historical tragic events but understand that
these are just ideas. After describing the event and the post-tragedy
events, discuss the ethical aspects revolving around this incident. This
may require some additional research to understand the ethical
situations and the impact these had on affected people being able to
move on with their lives.
- Describe the actions of people and organizational leaders directly and indirectly involved with the tragedy. Specifically, address the ethical issues they faced.
- What were some of the actions of local, state and federal personnel with respect to dealing with this tragedy?
- Explain the strategies of organizations that attempted to assist with the clean-up after the tragic event. Describe several of the pressures that influenced their strategies. Distinguish between social responsibility, integrity and simple business ethics.
- How has this event affected the ethical culture here in the United States? What other affect has it had on society as a whole?
- Your response should be a minimum of two double-spaced pages. References should include, at minimum, one additional credible reference beyond the required reading. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations, and cited per APA guidelines.
The following resource(s) may help you with this assignment.
- Citation Guide
- CSU Online Library Research Guide
- Submit Writing Center Request
- Submit Unit V Reflection Paper »