Deliverable Length: 10–12 PowerPoint slides (not incl. Title and Reference slides); At least 3 images
You are what you eat. Living things are complex organisms made up of various atoms that form proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids. People need to eat proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids (fats) in a healthy manor to have healthy bodies. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 10–12 slides (not including the Title and Reference slides) that explains the roles of proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids in human bodies, and relate this to good food choices. Include the following:
- What is a protein?
- Describe 4 examples proteins in your body. Discuss two that are large enough to be seen with the naked eye and two others that you would need a microscope to see.
- Describe high- and low-quality proteins in your diet.
- What is a carbohydrate?
- What is the difference between starch and cellulose?
- Which one can humans digest?
- What is a lipid?
- What role do lipids play in the body?
- Distinguish between saturated and unsaturated fats.
- What does hydrogenated mean?