Select a significant event (either positive or negative) that occurred before you reached adulthood and that has had a life-shaping effect on your life. In this assignment, discuss psychological aspects of your event.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Briefly describe your significant event (one to two [1-2] sentences).
- Describe your event in terms of at least two (2) different perspectives in psychology (e.g., behavioral, cognitive, psychodynamic, cultural/social, etc.)
- Determine what learning (e.g., classical, operant, etc.) may have resulted from your event, or arisen because of your event.
- Discuss why the memory of the event you described may or may not be completely accurate.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: One of these resources may be your textbook. Articles from professional journals are certainly a high quality resource. Magazine and newspaper articles are also accepted for this assignment. Articles published on the Internet may also be suitable, if they originate with credible persons or organizations. Please note that articles from Wikipedia, ask.com, and the like are not suitable.