Strategic Planning & Development
Within the last ten years, the health care industry has seen big change, not only in philosophy, but with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. There have been changes in political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental factors that influence strategic planning. Americans desire increased quality patient care, wellness, and prevention programs. Health care organizations are seeing changes in volume and demographics related to their patients, and labor and technologies related to the health care organization.
For this assignment, select a health care organization within your state or region. Imagine you have been selected by the facility’s Executive Committee to develop a strategic plan that aligns to the organization’s mission and vision. Use critical thinking skills and research current events of your chosen organization to prepare your assignment.
Instructions and Grading Criteria
Write an 8–10 page strategic plan. Your plan must include the numbered elements listed below. Note that the instructions correspond to the grading criteria for this assignment. You may also want to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion in the scoring guide to see how your work will be assessed:
- Differentiate between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
- Propose one specific analytical tool suitable for use as an adaptive strategy or strategies that will be the most effective in helping an organization achieve its strategic plan.
- Propose the manner and provide an example of how the selected analytical tool will be used to support the strategic proposal.
- Research three internal and three external factors that could become barriers to the success of the proposed strategic plan.
- Recommend at least one solution to each of the possible barriers to implementing your proposed strategic plan.
- Determine the specific segment of the market that your organization’s strategic plan will target.
- Recommend the most effective approach to marketing your strategic plan and provide examples.
- Use at least three quality academic resources.
- Use the Strayer Library for resources. ***** Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. ******
- Meet clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of your paper, your name, the course number and course title, your professor’s name, the university’s name, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Strayer Writing Standards
This course also requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.