Structural Versus Strategic Family Therapies
Although structural therapy and strategic therapy are both used in family therapy, these therapeutic approaches have many differences in theory and application. As you assess families and develop treatment plans, you must consider these differences and their potential impact on clients. For this Assignment, as you compare structural and strategic family therapy, consider which therapeutic approach you might use with your own client families.
In a 3-page paper, address the following:
- Summarize the key points of both structural family therapy and strategic family therapy.
- Compare structural family therapy to strategic family therapy, noting the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Provide an example of a family in your practicum using a structural family map. Note: Be sure to maintain HIPAA regulations.
- Recommend a specific therapy for the family, and justify your choice using the Learning Resources.
pls use this references
Vetere, A. (2001). Therapy matters: Structural family therapy. Child Psychology & Psychiatry Review, 6(3), 133–139. Retrieved from http://www.iupui.edu/~mswd/D642/multimedia/word_doc/StructuralFamilyTherapy_Vetare.pdf
https://www.therapistaid.com/therapy-guide/genograms ( to do this Provide an example of a family in your practicum using a structural family map.)
Nichols, M., & Davis, S. D. (2020). The essentials of family therapy (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 4, “Bowen Family Systems Therapy” (pp. 56-71)
- Chapter 5, “Strategic Family Therapy” (pp. 72-88)
- Chapter 6, “Structural Family Therapy” (pp. 89-104
and any other references selected
The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references.