- Research the importance of the topic and write an introduction that includes these main points:
- Obtain relevant background information from a credible source other than the article
- Explain why the topic is important for researchers to explore
- Write a study synopsis that includes these main points:
- what known and not known about the topic and what gap in knowledge this study intends to fill
- research design and setting
- sampling method
- number of subjects
- inclusion/exclusion criteria
- attrition, loss to follow up, or response rate (if any)
- important characteristics of the sample
- how the study was conducted
- explain how the data was collected
- include measurement instruments and what they measured
- if the study involves an intervention, how the intervention was carried out
- Appraise the article in narrative format by answering the following questions.
- Was the sampling method appropriate for this study? Why or why not?
- If inclusion and exclusion criteria were noted in the report, did the criteria control for extraneous variables? Why or why not?
- Were the measurement instruments reliable and valid? Why or why not?
- If the study was experimental, was the intervention performed consistently? Why or why not?
- Were the conclusions of the study supported by the results? Why or why not?
- Consider study limitations when appraising conclusions with respect to results
- State your analysis of the nursing implications based on the findings of the study.
- Take statistical significance into account.
- DO NOT use implications to nursing from the article; provide your own analysis.
thenursingdesk.com is a custom nursing paper writing service that provides online on-demand written work for assistance purposes. All the work are done in accordance with the appropriate policies and applicable laws.
Whatsapp: +1(916) 407-2506
Phone: +1(916) 407-2506