Synthesis is the act of creating something new from multiple existing entities. Synthesis of research, then, is creating a new idea from existing ideas. It is a process developed through time and practice. In this assignment, you will apply the synthesis process to the articles and topics from the first four Topics of this course. Consider the development of behaviorism, including the precursors and contemporaries of the early behaviorists. What limitations existed in those theories and practices, and how did the early behaviorists aim to resolve them?
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the annotated bibliography and outline you created in the Topic 2 assignment along with the assignment feedback from your instructor. This has been provided for you as a reference.
- Review all 10 articles
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. Please use APA 6th edition format.
- Use academic sources, including peer-reviewed journal articles, scholarly books, government reports, and other instructor-approved texts.
Locate the annotated bibliography and outline you created in the Topic 2 assignment. Using the outline you developed, the information from the annotated bibliography, and the feedback provided by your instructor, write a paper (2,000-2,250 words) that synthesizes the articles you have read and addresses the following:
- Trace the origins of behaviorism and the impetus for its development.
- Discuss behaviorism as the 2nd major force in psychology and why is behaviorism a “better” alternative than the first force of psychology which was the Freudian psychoanalytic theory.
- Name three crucial researchers in the school of behaviorism.
- Analyze the contributions of these researchers to the development of behaviorism
I will provide the annotated bibliography from week 2 as well as the 10 articles for the paper.