Reflective Paper – Northouse, Chapter 02 Trait Appraoch
For this assignment, you will write a reflection paper on Northouse’s Chapter 2 Trait Appraoch.
Here are the questions you should address?
1. In this chapter, Professor Peter Northouse talks about trait approach to leadership. In your opinion, what are the most important characteristics of a good leader? Explain why these characteristics are important?
2. What are some of the other things we need to consider besides trait?
3. When you think of a good leader, who comes to mind? Please explain why you think this leader is good?
4. When you think of a bad leader, who comes to mind? Why do you think this is a bad leader? What kind of changes (or transitions) should this leader make to be in your good books?
5. Different situations call for different leaders and leadership. Think of a situation you are in (home, work, community). Describe the situation and what characteristics do you need to have as a good leader?
Please do not just answer the questions. You are expected to add your reflection, thoughts, and opinions on the subject.
• Minimum 2 pages, double-spaced. DO NOT cut and paste the questions to the paper. It will not count towards the two page minimum.
• Must be APA6.
• Make sure to use correct APA in-text citations for paraphrased ideas and quoted text.