Deliverable Length: 7-9 pages
In your leadership role, you have to make a difficult decision about restructuring the department. Because of limited resources, personnel need to be reassigned, and positions need to be eliminated. Of 30 people in your department, you will have to eliminate or reassign 20% of the work force (6 people).
- Develop your action plan to meet the directive that you have been given to maintain quality and reduce costs.
- Be specific on your options and considerations.
- What is your rationale for selecting those who will be laid-off?
- What affect will these lay-offs have on the budget? Where will the funds be re-allocated? Who will do the work of those who are laid-off?
- How will you communicate your plan to your employees—both those who are being laid-off and those who are remaining?