- Appendix B.3, “The Wellmeadows Hospital Case Study” of Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation and Management (6th edition).
Review the case study The Wellmeadows Hospital Case Study” in Appendix B.3 of Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation and Management.
Develop a Database Security and Optimization Plan for Wellmeadows Hospital that protects distributed and object-oriented databases.
Address the following elements in your plan:
- Security measures
- Back-up and recovery plans
- Optimization plans for ongoing querying and data access
- Ongoing monitoring plans to ensure alignment with emerging security, legal, and ethical trends and requirements
- Items or concerns that may be considered acceptable risks and not require a comprehensive solution
- Current best practices and trends
Document your plan as one of the following:
- A 4-page Microsoft® Word document
- A 15- to 16-slide multimedia-rich Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes
Note: Cite industry sources and any images, graphics, video, or audio sources
Submit your assignment.