Week 5 _ Discussion_ ( 2 portions)
Portion 1_ ( Due Today)
Write a 175- to 265-word response to the following:
- Define employee relations and discuss at least four methods for managing it.
- Discuss what some of the specific, uniquely international activities an international HR manager typically engages in.
Both bullet points must be addressed in the same post. Do not separate them and create two posts.
Portion 2_ ( Due Saturday)
Read and respond to at least two of your classmate’s discussion posts. Be constructive and professional with your thoughts, feedback or suggestions.
** CLASSMATES REPLIES ARE ATTACHED***
**125 PER REPLY (2 REPLIES REQUESTED) (250 WORDS IN TOTAL)***
Week 5_ Assignment ( Due Saturday)
Scenario: You are an HR manager of a company that since its inception has only operated locally. In a recent meeting your boss informed you that the company is planning to go global in the next 1 to 2 years. She would like an introduction from you on HR related issues for a global operation.
Create a 8- to 10-slide presentation, with speaker notes, including the following:
- List and briefly describe methods for staffing global organizations. Include pros and cons for each method.
- Identify five competencies important to selection of candidates for global assignments that are essential to success.
- Describe pre-departure onboarding opportunities you would recommend to enhance the global experience. Onboarding examples may include the expatriate as well as family members.
- Describe ongoing training and development opportunities that are essential while on global assignments.
- Describe repatriation policies that will attract and retain global talent.
- Identify U.S. employment laws and ethical responsibilities to consider in staffing for global assignments.
**MUST INCLUDE SPEAKER NOTES**