Here are some of the class readings: you can find the stories online
1- “What We Talk About When We Talk About Love” by Raymond Carver
2- “The Open Boat” by Stephen Crane
3- “The Necklace” by Guy de Maupassant
Please find different story by one of the above authors and follow the assignments instructions below.
· 750 words (3 pages), double-spaced
· Read a story that we haven’t read by one of the authors we discuss in class.
· Write a one-paragraph summary of the plot
· Decide if the story focuses on plot, character, setting, or irony.
. Explain why you think so.
· Pick one significant quotation from the story and explain what you think it means fully.
. Cite the quotation with the page number.
· Finally, write about three different things that are similar about the story you read and the story we read in class by the same author that would help you remember that they are both by the same author.
· Include a “Works Cited” page using correct MLA formatting for the textbook and the work you found the other story in.