Review the following:
- American Psychological Association. (2009, August 5).APA Council of Representatives directs change in its ethics code to prevent so-called Nuremberg defense. APA News and Events.
- American Psychological Association. (2010, February 24). American Psychological Association amends ethics code to address potential conflicts among professional ethics, legal authority, and organizational demands. APA News and Events.
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Standard 1: Resolving ethical issues. Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct: 2010 amendments.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that addresses the clarifications to the APA position regarding human rights protection. Address the following in your paper:
- What is the so-called Nuremberg defense? How did this influence the decision to clarify the APA Ethics Code?
- How does the new verbiage in the 2010 Ethics Code enhance the APA Council of Representatives’ resolution of 2007 and the referendum-based policy change of 2008 on the topic of human rights protection?
- Compare the current (2010) version of the Ethics Code to the 2002 version. Does the current version reflect a socially improving society or a socially declining society? Why?