Based on research of current social change campaigns that address your chosen global social problem, create your own social change campaign plan. Your assignment should include the following components:
- A summary of the global sociological problem based on your research this semester.
- Draw a sociological conclusion from the compilation of current global events collected within your global sociological problem, including the intersection of class, gender, ethnicity, and access to resources.
- Identify the current social change campaigns related to your global sociological problem and describe a gap (implementation, targeted demographics – age, gender, ethnicity, etc.) that exists.
- Devise a plan for your social change campaign based on the gap found. Include the demonstrated presence of the 7 C’s values of the Social Change Model in your plan: Change objective, citizenship, common purpose, collaboration, and controversy with civility, consciousness of self, congruence, and commitment.
- Respond with reflection to the following questions: What does it mean to you to become a social change agent? How does this align with your chosen career in social work?
Include a minimum of four appropriate and relevant academic sources to support your responses. Your completed assignment should be 1,250-1,500 words.
The Module 8 assignment is worth 230 points.
Put the assignment into the form of a paper.
Use the rubric items on the scoresheet as subheadings so that everything is covered.
Use the global sociological problem you chose for the term.
Remember to offer a FULL campaign that addresses the 7 C’s as that section involves the most points.
Be sure you have FOUR solid academic sources—not newspapers, opinion or politically-driven websites. You want research from recognized sources—books, journals, government, and other reputable public research sources.