- Identify your social class and your potential for class mobility.
- Examine how modern popular culture has defined your view of class and class mobility. How have cultural messages influenced your desire toward movement or stasis?
- Compose a 2-page paper in which you do the following:
- Identify the social class in which you live and where you fit into it.
- To what extent can you move either up or down?
- Examine media’s role in defining the class system in which you live and possible class mobility.
- Support your assertions by making at least 2 references, in proper APA format, to your course readings.
Chamberlain, A. (2008, January 21). Eating Your Culture.docx National Post (Don Mills, ON, Canada), p. AL8.
Boyd, D. (2007, June 24). Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace. Apophenia Blog.