According to the readings, what were the specific tasks for Socrates and Plato?
12. “Plato disliked the poets and the artists.” Why?
13. What does it mean to say “The Greeks were moving from MYTH to PHILOSOPHY”?
14. What were the “underlying assumptions” of the early philosophers, the early scientists, about Greek culture?
15. What was unique about the “works” pre-Socratic philosophers? What were they searching for and what did they base their thinking on? Explain.
16. What was Thales looking for?
17. What were the 4 basic elements for Empedocles?
18. What was Pythagoras fundamental contribution to the world of though?
19. What did Heraclitus believe about all things?
20. What was reality for Parmenides?