Using the Library Information Resource Network (LIRN), JSTOR, or any other electronic journal database, research one (1) peer-reviewed article that can be used to answer your upcoming CLA1 assignment. Your discussion should summarize the article in such a way that it can justify any arguments you may present in your CLA1 assignment and should be different than the abstract. In addition to your researched peer-reviewed article, you must include an example of the article researched as it is applied by industry (company, business entity, etc.).
Please note: This article summary should not be the only article researched for your PA1 assignment. You may (and should) have several other articles researched in order to fully answer your PA1 assignment. The concept of this DQ is to allow students to be proactive in the research necessary to complete this assignment. You may use your article summary, partially or its entirety in your CLA1 assignment.
Important: Please ensure that you insert your citation for the article as your reference in your discussion post. Depending on which electronic database you use, you should see a “Cite” selection for your article. In addition, there should be a variety of articles summarized and as such, students should have different articles summarized. Your summary MUST include ALL of the following in your DQ post (include every item in the bullet list below, or you will not receive full credit):
- Clearly state what the article is about and its purpose
- How the article and/or author(s) support your argument(s)
- Most important aspects of the article
- Any findings and conclusions
- Approximately 250 to 350 words in length
- Include the article “Abstract” in your posting (your summary should be original)
- Include the industry example demonstrating the application of your researched article
- “IMPORTANT” – Include the citation for the article