Prejudice and stereotyping seem to be part of the human condition, and it is essential to examine how attitudes develop in order to change our behavior as individuals and as a society.
Search for research articles on theories and concepts related to prejudice, stereotypes, and groups. For your assessment, apply at least one theory or concept to each of the following:
- Examine how attitudes and behaviors of a group can contribute to prejudice and stereotyping.
- Analyze how the portrayal of ethnic, cultural, or social groups by the media can influence social perception of those groups and perpetuate stereotypes. Provide specific examples of how a group has been portrayed in the media.
- Explain how membership in a group can influence social judgment.
- Analyze how subtle stereotyping in everyday language and cognitive dissonance can affect the ability to bring about social change. Provide specific examples.
- Describe the types of ethical considerations researchers should consider before conducting research on the hotly debated topics of prejudice and stereotyping.
- What are the implications and likely consequences for society if prejudice and stereotyping are not reduced?
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
- Resources: Minimum of 3–4 scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 4–5 double-spaced pages, in addition to the title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.