Case 9: The Hunt Room: Change the Concept or Just the Decor? (Textbook page: 584)
Guideline and Suggestions
- Please read the “General Guideline to Solving Case Studies” before start.
- Read the case twice: once from top to down; second, by focusing on each statement
- When you analyze the case, think professionally. You better review the related chapter(s).
- Provide complete and appropriate response for each question (not less, not much)
- Please use the framework as provided below (second page)
- Using bullet points is the best style
The format of the assignment
- Length: Maximum 2 pages (remember: the content is more important than no of pages)
- 1.5 space, with Arial or Times New Roman, 11 fonts
- Margins: 1. inch from left & right, 0.5 inch top & bottom
Assignments will be evaluated in terms content with an emphasis on originality, analysis, completeness of the information, organization of your ideas, appropriate, conciseness, and clarity.
Copy-and-paste the questions to an MS Word document in order to answer them.
- If you were the general manager, what process would you go through to determine a new concept for the Hunt Room? (seeking your opinion based on the information provided in Chapter 9)
- What information would you seek? Where would you find this information? (seeking your opinion based on the information provided in Chapter 9)
- What makes restaurant concepts grow out of favor? (seeking your opinion based on the facts given in the case and using the information provided in chapter 9)
- Should club restaurants compete with local restaurants? (seeking your opinion based on the general marketing knowledge)
- Brainstorm to come up with possible concepts for the Hunt Room. You should include décor and menu ideas. (Be creative as much as possible!)